Happy December everyone! We have finally made it. I can’t believe how fast time flies. I hope this year was good for you, and if not – we always have another year. For me this year was good. Many new things came into my life and I have so much to be grateful for. There will always be good and bad things. Be grateful for good ones, and let’s learn from bad ones. Let’s make the best of it. In this post I will share twelve important lessons that I have learned in 2022, so let’s start. In 2022 I learned that:
1. Put yourself in the first place. I know it may sound selfish sometimes, but it is the truth. If you don’t put yourself in the first place then you can’t expect others to do the same. Respect yourself enough to leave everything that isn’t enough. And above all, love yourself.
2. People are sometimes cruel and unfair. Unfortunately, I’ve seen enough of this in the past few months. Some people are just mean and no matter what you do for them, it will never be enough. Sometimes they will blame you for things you didn’t do. Distance yourself because they don’t deserve you. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life. And I know sometimes it’s difficult to understand it, but not all of the people wish good things for everyone. Sad but it’s true.
3. Be brave and have no fear. I have heard this billion times, but this year I finally realised it. You must be brave in this life even if you are scared. Don’t let your fear and anxiety win over you. And let me tell you a secret: We are all anxious. And it is okay.
4. At the same time you can miss something, but not want it back. And believe me it’s true. We often catch ourselves thinking about good old times. We get nostalgic and kind of sad. Let the past be the past. Some things were good only because they happened once.
5. Forgive. What a lovely, generous word! Do not be one of them. In this mainstream world – be a forgiver. Life will get so much better.
6. Everyone has it’s own path and rhythm. Twenties are tricky. My twenty-six-year old friend is a mom, and I am twenty eight and I do have a cat. She is happy to have a child and I’m happy with my cat. Neither of us would change a thing about our lives. And guess what? It’s okay! Both choices are okay.
7. Travel as much as you can. I may not be the best one to say this (I travelled only twice this year, both times I went to Turkey). But there is something special about travelling. It is therapeutic and there’s no such thing as travelling too much.
8. Your body is your thing. There are no beauty standards in this world. All bodies are lovely and unique in their own ways. It’s not their thing to tell you that you look skinny or fat. And more important: you don’t need to explain anything. Your body will always be your and only your thing!
9. Be gentle to yourself. Please always be gentle to yourself. You are perfectly imperfect and that’s how it is always supposed to be. So, next time you look at yourself in the mirror – try to see everything you like about yourself. We are only humans, take it easy.
10. Go where you are happy. Even if it means to move out. Change your job. Find new friends. This life is too short and let’s make the best of it.
11. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Let’s replace the word mistake and call it a lesson. You can always learn from it.
12. Appreciate your family and friends. Real friendships are rare nowadays and you should be grateful for them.